We are committed to handling your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Why is my personal information being collected?
Your personal information is being collected so that the RSPCA can contact you regarding your Home Ever After or Gift in Wills enquiry. It may also be used for purposes such as:
- to market our organisation, products and services to you
- to send news, information about our activities and general promotional material which we believe may be useful to you
- to keep you informed of donation appeals, other fundraising, events and memberships
- education, advocacy and providing information about existing and new campaigns
- quality control and research purposes e.g. asking you to participate in a survey about your involvement with us
- to provide the best possible quality of supporter and client service
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date
Your personal information will be held by RSPCA Australia and also the relevant state/territory RSPCA based on the selection you have made in the online form.
To whom will my personal information be disclosed?
Contact details are usually disclosed to:
- our employees, contractors and/or service providers for the purposes of operation of our supporter and customer services, and to otherwise provide information, products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators
- RSPCA appointed marketers such as street and telephone marketers
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, where this is necessary to provide you with a service or product
For the sole purpose of processing any payments authorised by you, payment method details (such as your credit card details) are usually disclosed to our employees, contractors and/or service providers including, without limitation, web hosting providers, payment processors and data entry service providers.
Cookies, Google Analytics and Facebook Custom Audiences
We send cookies, or small pieces of information, to your web browser in order to collect information on your browsing session. Cookies may be used for:
- recording preferences that you specify on our website
- providing general visitor and customer analytics for internal reference
- assisting with website analysis and optimisation
- conducting research to improve our content, products and online services
- assisting with direct marketing
- supporting security measures, such as requiring you to re-login to the site after your account has been inactive for a period of time
If you do not wish to receive cookies you may disable these in your web browser, however please note that doing so may affect the site’s ability to function properly. See the ‘Help’ section of your web browser for more information on changing your cookie preferences.
We also use tools that tell us when a computer or device has visited or accessed our content, and allow us to tailor advertising both on our website and through advertising networks on other websites based on your visits or behaviour through cookies on your device. You can control how cookies are used and for what through the settings on your chosen browser. You can also control how your information is used with advertisers through the Network Advertising Initiative, including opting-out from interest-based advertising (click here).
If you wish to opt-out of having your web browsing information used for remarketing, traffic, demographics and interest reporting purposes, you can download and install Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. Removing or rejecting cookies may affect the functionality of our website and updates to your web browser may affect the functionality of the Google Analytics Opt-out add-on.
We may use Facebook Custom Audiences to deliver advertisements to Website Visitors on Facebook based on information we already have such as email address. We also may use information associated with Visitor social media accounts, such as demographics and other information about an individual to improve our marketing efforts. Find out more about Facebook advertising here or learn more about how to opt out of Facebook Custom Audiences here.